Art Exploration Series 1.3
Five online Marvegos classes on the Zoom platform include live interaction with an instructor for a unique personalized experience! In this part of the first series, students will use watercolor, oil pastels and ink to create three artworks that are original and truly their own. All Series 1 online classes refer to the same ‘special words’ to help students build their understanding of the fine art terms.
Weekly (one day per week), daily (week-long) and daily camp (3hr/day week-long) options are available. The daily schedule for three hour camp programs include two full hours of art making and an hour of other activities to create a fun virtual camp experience.
Watch this Parent Guide video which includes instructions on how to set up an art space at home and how you can achieve a more independent and empowering experience for your child.
Find the list of supply needs by day below. Plan to spend about 15 minutes preparing the supplies before each class.
Quality art materials of good value have been specially selected for these classes because we know better supplies and tools improve the outcome of art making. Limited palettes of specific colors teach color mixing and are preferred over a palette with many colors. Our colored pencil selection provides the unique practice of layering and pressure control to blend and is preferred over softer colored pencils that mimic the practice of using soft chalk pastels to blend.
Listed below are the required supplies plus a number of choices and brands from the Marvegos Store, Blick and Amazon. You may purchase the recommended art supplies and kits from the Marvegos Store and sign up for Curbside Pickup to obtain the supplies before the first class. If you prefer to purchase supplies from a different store, please allow up to 3 weeks to acquire the needed art materials. If you purchased these supplies before or have these supplies at home, no need to purchase again.
Required Art Supplies
- Mirror attachment for tablets to view students’ artwork is recommended
- Assorted Art Papers (approximately 13″x19″ in size) : Marvegos Store (our assorted art papers kit includes enough papers for 15 projects)
- Board for stretching paper : Marvegos Store : Blick
- Masking tape for stretching paper : Marvegos Store : Blick : Amazon
- Ebony pencil : Marvegos Store : Blick
- Chalk pastels and black india ink : Marvegos Store
- Oil Pastels and Watercolor : Marvegos Store
- Colored pencils : Target : Amazon
- Soft paint brushes : Marvegos Store : Ikea : Amazon
- Cup for water to wash brushes : Marvegos Store
- Condiment cup to hold ink : Marvegos Store
- Supplies from your home
- Blow/hair dryer
- Paper towels
- Spray bottle with water
- Other optional supplies available for purchase
Supply List By Day
Prepare for each day of class by having the following supplies ready beforehand.
Day 1 Goats on a Tightrope Part 1
- 12″x18″ bristol drawing vellum paper (stretched to board on all four sides)
- Black india ink
- One chalk pastel
- Spray bottle
- Ink brushes
- Ink tools
Day 2 Goats on a Tightrope Part 2
- Continuing on same paper as Goats on a Tightrope Part 1
- Pan watercolors
- Watercolor palette
- Watercolor brushes
- Paper towel
- Cup with 1″ of water in the cup
- Squirt bottle with water
Day 3 Magic Tidepool
- Smooth bristol paper (tear in half and stretch to board)
- Chalk pastels
- Graphite pencil
- Colored pencils
- Hair spray fixative
Day 4 What’s Up In That Tree?! Part 1
- 12″x18″ bristol vellum drawing paper (stretched to board)
- Oil pastels
- Black india ink (a small amount in a condiment cup)
- Ink brushes
Day 5 What’s Up In That Tree?! Part 2
- Continuing on same paper as What’s Up In That Tree?! Part 1
- Oil pastels
- Black india ink (small amount in a condiment cup)
- Ink tools (stick)
- Soft hair brushes (one small and one medium round)