Fine Art Fundamentals Series 1.1
Five online Marvegos classes on the Zoom platform include live interaction with an instructor for a unique personalized experience! In this part of the first series, students will use charcoal, chalk pastels and colored pencils to create two artworks that are original and truly their own. Students will apply elements of form and composition to their drawings while exercising creativity and developing observation skills. Each series of online Fine Art Fundamentals classes build on different composition concepts. Series 1 explores Focal Point, or how size and elements of art create a focal point in composition.
Weekly (one day per week), daily (week-long) and daily camp (3hr/day week-long) options are available. The daily schedule for three hour camp programs include two full hours of art making and an hour of other activities to create a fun virtual camp experience.
Watch this Parent Guide video which includes instructions on how to set up an art space at home and how you can achieve a more independent and empowering experience for your child.
Find the list of supply needs by day below. Plan to spend about 15 minutes preparing the supplies before each class.
Quality art materials of good value have been specially selected for these classes because we know better supplies and tools improve the outcome of art making. Limited palettes of specific colors teach color mixing and are preferred over a palette with many colors. Our colored pencil selection provides the unique practice of layering and pressure control to blend and is preferred over softer colored pencils that mimic the practice of using soft chalk pastels to blend.
Listed below are the required supplies plus a number of choices and brands from the Marvegos Store, Blick and Amazon. You may purchase the recommended art supplies and kits from the Marvegos Store and sign up for Curbside Pickup to obtain the supplies before the first class. If you prefer to purchase supplies from a different store, please allow up to 3 weeks to acquire the needed art materials. If you purchased these supplies before or have these supplies at home, no need to purchase again.
Required Art Supplies
- Mirror attachment for tablets to view students’ artwork is recommended
- Assorted Art Papers (approximately 13″x19″ in size) : Marvegos Store (our assorted art papers kit includes enough papers for 15 projects)
- Board for stretching paper : Marvegos Store : Blick
- Masking tape for stretching paper : Marvegos Store : Blick : Amazon
- Composition Study Kit : Marvegos Store
- Three pencils and vine charcoal : Marvegos Store
- Colored pencils : Target : Amazon
- Chalk pastels : Marvegos Store
- Supplies from your home
- Paper towels
- Other optional supplies available for purchase
Supplies List By Day
Prepare for each day of class by having the following supplies ready beforehand.
Day 1 Who’s the Boss Part 1
- Tinted pastel paper (approximately 13×19 stretched to board with masking tape)
- Tracing paper
- Vine charcoal
Day 2 Who’s the Boss Part 2
- Continuing on same paper as Who’s the Boss Part 1
- Vine charcoal
- Black & white chalk pastels
Day 3 Who’s the Boss Part 3
- Continuing on same paper as Who’s the Boss Part 2
- Chalk pastels
- Black & white charcoal pencils
Day 4 Geoforms Part 1
- Tinted or white bristol drawing paper (approximately 13×19 stretched to board)
- Gray colored pencil
Day 5 Geoforms Part 2
- Continuing on same paper as Geoforms Part 1
- Colored pencils
- Chalk pastels