Fine Art Fundamentals Series 1.2
Five online Marvegos classes on the Zoom platform include live interaction with an instructor for a unique personalized experience! In this part of the first series, students will use oil pastels and ink to create two artworks that are original and truly their own. Students will apply elements of form and composition to their drawings while exercising creativity and developing observation skills. Each series of online Fine Art Fundamentals classes build on different composition concepts. Series 1 explores Focal Point. This part of Series 1 challenges students to balance elements of art in compositions without a focal point.
Weekly (one day per week), daily (week-long) and daily camp (3hr/day week-long) options are available. The daily schedule for three hour camp programs include two full hours of art making and an hour of other activities to create a fun virtual camp experience.
Watch this Parent Guide video which includes instructions on how to set up an art space at home and how you can achieve a more independent and empowering experience for your child.
Find the list of supply needs by day below. Plan to spend about 15 minutes preparing the supplies before each class.
Quality art materials of good value have been specially selected for these classes because we know better supplies and tools improve the outcome of art making. Limited palettes of specific colors teach color mixing and are preferred over a palette with many colors. Our colored pencil selection provides the unique practice of layering and pressure control to blend and is preferred over softer colored pencils that mimic the practice of using soft chalk pastels to blend.
Listed below are the required supplies plus a number of choices and brands from the Marvegos Store, Blick and Amazon. You may purchase the recommended art supplies and kits from the Marvegos Store and sign up for Curbside Pickup to obtain the supplies before the first class. If you prefer to purchase supplies from a different store, please allow up to 3 weeks to acquire the needed art materials. If you purchased these supplies before or have these supplies at home, no need to purchase again.
Required Art Supplies
- Mirror attachment for tablets to view students’ artwork is recommended
- Assorted Art Papers (approximately 13″x19″ in size) : Marvegos Store (our assorted art papers kit includes enough papers for 15 projects)
- Board for stretching paper : Marvegos Store : Blick
- Masking tape for stretching paper : Marvegos Store : Blick : Amazon
- Three pencils and vine charcoal : Marvegos Store
- Oil Pastels (included in Oil Pastels and Watercolor Kit): Marvegos Store
- Colored pencils : Target : Amazon
- Chalk pastels and black india ink : Marvegos Store
- Soft paint brush (small round brush) : Marvegos Store : Ikea : Amazon
- Cup for water to wash brushes : Marvegos Store
- Condiment cup to hold ink : Marvegos Store
- Supplies from your home
- Paper towels
- Other optional supplies available for purchase
Supplies List By Day
Prepare for each day of class by having the following supplies ready beforehand.
Day 1 So Many Pieces Part 1
- Black charcoal paper (approximately 13″x19″ stretched on a board)
- White charcoal pencil
Day 2 So Many Pieces Part 2
- Continuing on same paper as So Many Pieces Part 1
- Oil pastels
Day 3 Eyes in Motion Part 1
- Bristol vellum drawing paper (stretched on a board)
- Graphite pencil
Day 4 Eyes in Motion Part 2
- Continuing on same paper as Eyes in Motion Part 1
- India ink (small amount in a condiment cup)
- Ink tools (stick, surprise brush, fork, thin round brush)
Day 5 Eyes in Motion Part 2
- Continuing on same paper as Eyes in Motion Part 2
- Colored pencils or chalk pastels
- Hair spray fixative